INFORMATION FOR GLOBAL VOLUNTEER APPLICANTS
The HavServe Team in Haiti is always looking for people who are as passionate and as committed to building a better Haiti as we are. This may take the form of identifying a new, effective project to add to our community-led development, or helping someone donate to a project for the very first time. We are always excited about welcoming new volunteers to our team. If you are looking for a meaningful, purposeful cause or seek a life-changing volunteering experience in Haiti, then read the step-by-step instructions on how to apply to volunteer with HavServe in Haiti.
STEP 1: PICK A PROJECT
Browse our “Active Project in Need of Volunteers” opportunities and decide what HavServe project you will volunteer on, when you will go, and for how long. If you have a question we do not answer on our website, ask our community on Facebook or contact us.
STEP 2: VERIFY YOU’RE READY TO JOIN
Only apply when you are completely sure that, if accepted, you will join HavServe in Haiti. If you apply and are accepted, but then back out, it will have a negative effect on your chances of being accepted into a HavServe program in the future.
Steps to take before applying:
- Review the description of the project you want to join. Pay particular attention to the project’s requirements to participate, minimum time commitment and project schedule.
- Ensure your dates are finalized, which means checking work and school schedules, as well as any commitments you may already have.
- Have your funds ready to pay for the HavServe in Haiti trip and any additional fees, especially your flights to Haiti. Do not apply if you are still waiting for funding, for example from an employer or university – if you need a letter from us for your funding process, or fundraising activities contact us so we can help you meet your requirements.
- If you are applying as part of a group of five or more, contact us first for group application details.
STEP 3: APPLY
Apply online using our application form. It’s easy to fill out and you can submit it online. Once we receive your application, within seven (7) days* we will:
- Determine your eligibility for the project you are choosing.
- Ensure there is an opening for you.
- If you are accepted, email you an Acceptance Letter. At this time we will also introduce you to your HavServe Coordinator, a highly qualified member of our team who will work with you to help make your HavServe experience a great one.
*We may need up to two weeks to accomplish the above if:
- You are applying to a high skilled project, for example a business or health program.
- You are applying during a busy time, for example around holidays in the United States, which is where we are based.
STEP 4: SUBMIT WAIVER FORMS, BOOK FLIGHTS AND PAY FEES
Within seven (7) business days of receiving your Acceptance Letter, review and agree to our Volunteer Liability Waiver and Code of Conduct, and pay the fee as per the instructions that your HavServe Coordinator sends you.
Your placement is only confirmed once we receive your Liability Waiver, Code of Conduct, fees, and flight reservations. Once we receive these items, we will:
- Email you a Confirmation Letter to let you know we have received your documents and fees, and confirmed your placement.
- Email you the preparation materials, which include a Volunteer Handbook and Safety Video.
To learn about our cancellation and refund policy, see our terms and conditions.
STEP 5: PREPARE FOR YOUR TRIP
Once you are confirmed, review your Volunteer Preparation Booklet, which offers a wealth of information about getting ready for your trip, as well as the Safety Video we will send you.
Additionally, work closely with your HavServe Coordinator to go over pre-departure details and any questions that you may have. You can also meet your HavServe Coordinator on Skype us #HavServe for a one-on-one chat.
Finally, connect with past, current and future HavServe Volunteers through Facebook.
Our Volunteer Program in Haiti applications is easy to fill out and you can submit it conveniently through our website.