What We Need
- Clear and effective copy for an annual report that illustrates the Organization’s successes and plans for growth. Copy may include: programs descriptions, allocation of funds and recognition of donors and volunteers
- Blueprint of the structure for the annual report, including optimal content, length, and style
- Note: No design, graphics, or printing are included in this project
How This Will Help
Our organization has been in transition over the last few years and we have not done an Annual Report since 2014. We really want to do one for 2018, but there are resource constraints. HavServe has a long, rich history and our programs have real impact on the ground every single day but we need your assistance telling our story!
What We Have In Place
We currently have our vision, mission and plenty of programs to spotlight, which should make it easy for you to get started. We also have a rich network in Haiti where we currently have several active projects and programs and the ability to provide any other information you need.
Partner with HavServe to Serve Communities
If you HAVE, you too can SERVE!
HavServe’s life-changing programs and activities are creating healthier schools and communities, providing stronger starts for kids and families, generating new economic opportunities, and engaging the next generation of leaders in volunteering activities, community and service learning.
Volunteers: 25-40 hours over 1-2 months
Organizations: 5-10 hours
Remote (work anywhere)
This project requires a short interview with HavServe team and sample of relevant work. If your application is accepted, you will receive an email from HavServe with instructions to schedule a call.
Prep: Distribution of prep materials
- Volunteer Manager delivers relevant Organizational materials such as mission, vision, key messages, Organization’s history, profiles of individuals or communities served, previous annual reports and stories of impact
- Volunteer Manager shares last year’s statistics, financial statements, significant accomplishments and stories of impact, awards received, new and noteworthy grants as well as the complete list of supporters including names and donor levels
- Professional reviews prep materials and identifies any information gaps
Milestone 1: Project outcomes, steps, and timelines are determined
- Professional and Volunteer Manager connect to discuss prep materials, overall goals, and desired tone and style for the copy
- Professional and Volunteer Manager brainstorm key messages, themes, and content and determine a time for delivery
- Professional creates project plan and articulates project goals
Milestone 2: Finalized blueprint of the report is created
- Professional creates the blueprint for the report and submits to the volunteer manager for review
- Volunteer Manager reviews blueprint and provides feedback
- Professional incorporates feedback and creates final draft of the blueprint
Milestone 3: Final annual report is created
- Professional writes first draft of the content for the report and submits to the volunteer manager for review
- Volunteer Manager reviews the content and provides feedback
- Professional incorporates feedback and creates final draft of the content
Prerequisites for Professional
- Excellent writing and communications expertise
- Experience writing annual reports or comparable marketing collateral
Prerequisites for HavServe
- Team HavServe committed to providing feedback throughout the process; Executive Director or Board Member will sign onto this specific project
- Materials that illustrate HavServe’s impact, financials, program achievements, relevant data, etc.
- Prep Materials will be gathered and ready to share prior to starting the project
- Team member to do graphic design and report formatting.