What We Need
- Audit of existing Volunteer Handbook, or internal communications regarding volunteer placement policies
- Edit or creation of a new Volunteer Handbook, which may include any of the following: Virtual Volunteer, Pro-Bono Consulting, In-the-Field Service, Standards of Conduct, Volunteer Schedules, Waiver, Background Check, Termination Policies, Safety and Security, Anti-Discrimination policies, Recognition and Benefits policies, Awards, any Non-Disclosure Agreements or Conflict of Interest statements that may apply, and any other pertinent information
How This Will Help
As HavServe begins to scale and build our capacity by adding on new team members, we believe it to be a top priority to on board (share volunteer protocols, policies, and rights) in the most effective and supporting way with our team of volunteers . Validation of our Volunteer hand book would be a major step in the right direction.
What We Have In Place
We currently have an outdated Volunteer handbook which should make it easy for you to get started. We also have a list of protocols, waiver, checklist, and the ability to provide any other information you need.
Partner with HavServe to Serve Communities
If you HAVE, you too can SERVE!
HavServe’s life-changing programs and activities are creating healthier schools and communities, providing stronger starts for kids and families, generating new economic opportunities, and engaging the next generation of leaders in volunteering activities, community and service learning.
Volunteers: 25-40 hours over 1-2 months
Remote (work anywhere)
This project requires a short interview with HavServe team and sample of relevant work. If your application is accepted, you will receive an email from HavServe with instructions to schedule a call.
- Prep: Distribution of prep materials
- Volunteer Manager provides Professional with existing Volunteer Handbook (if applicable), internal communications regarding volunteer policies and any other volunteer policies in place that may not be clearly communicated
- Milestone 1: Audit of existing policies
- Professional reviews existing materials, and asks any clarifying questions
- Professional identifies any existing policies that should be modified
- Professional identifies any new policies or areas that should be addressed and included
- Volunteer Manager provides feedback
- Milestone 2: Outline of Handbook
- Professional drafts a detailed outline
- Professional incorporates Volunteer Manager’s feedback
- Milestone 3: Writing and delivery of Handbook
- Professional drafts the Volunteer Handbook
- Volunteer Manager provides any additional feedback
- Volunteer Manager delivers final draft
Prerequisites for Professional
- Background in HR or Operations
- Excellent writing and communications expertise
- Experience writing Handbooks or comparable HR Operations collateral
Prerequisites for HavServe
- Team HavServe committed to providing feedback throughout the process; Executive Director or Board Member will sign onto this specific project
- Prep Materials will be gathered and ready to share prior to starting the project
- Team HavServe member to provide graphic design and Handbook formatting.