What We Need
- A document outlining the most appropriate social media channels for HavServe, strategies for usage, goals and key metrics to evaluate success
- Expert consultation on messaging, scheduling and frequency
- Tailored suggestions for style, tone, and types of content to best showcase our work
How This Will Help
LinkedIn is a platform that provides an opportunity to position HavServe regional executives as leaders in the non-profit arena. We are looking for a volunteer who can help us identify our opportunities and make recommendations for an engagement strategy, including goals and key metrics. This project will help us to elevate our presence among business leaders.
What We Have In Place
We currently have a national LinkedIn presence which should make it easy for you to get started. We also have market area snapshots and the ability to provide any other information you need.
Volunteers: 20-40 hours over 1-2 months
Organizations: 4-7 hours
Remote (work anywhere)
This project requires a short interview with HavServe team. If your application is accepted, you’ll receive an email from HavServe with instructions to schedule a call.
- Prep: Distribution of prep materials
- Volunteer Manager shares details of current online presence and general goals for the Social Media Plan
- Milestone 1: Analysis and feedback
- Professional suggests the best social media platforms to use, along with overall goals and associated key metrics
- Professional suggests guidelines for page creation, content posting and commenting
- Volunteer Manager provides feedback, which Professional incorporates
- Milestone 2: Document creation
- Professional drafts a strategic document which includes overall goals, messaging guidelines and metrics overview
- Milestone 3: Explanation and training
- Professional delivers final document with advice on how to implement plan over the next few months
- After social media pages go live, Professional assists with evaluating key metrics and any subsequent suggestions to improve engagement.
Prerequisites for Professional
- Background in social media, online marketing, or communications
- Deep understanding of social networking sites and how to build a following from scratch
Prerequisites for HavServe
- A dedicated staff member willing to learn and sustain a social media presence
- Ideas about key messages you need to convey and to what audiences