What We Need
- A volunteer recruitment strategy that outlines: potential volunteer market, timeline, strategies for outreach, and plan for volunteer retainment.
How This Will Help
We have over 400 volunteers participating in events and programs throughout the year. We are in need of a program to recruit, retain and recognize volunteers.
What We Have In Place
We currently have over 400 volunteers which should make it easy for you to get started. We are an all volunteer run organization and the ability to provide any other information you need.
• Estimated Time
Volunteers: 10 hours a week
Organizations: 5 hours
Remote (work anywhere)
This project requires a short interview with HavServe team. If your application is accepted, you’ll receive an email from HavServe with instructions to schedule a call.
- Prep: Information gathering
- Volunteer Manager provides Professional with past volunteer recruitment descriptions and list of Organizational needs and opportunities for volunteer support
- Milestone 1: Audit of existing systems
- Professional and Volunteer Manager discuss Organization’s structure and retainment levels of past volunteer programs and areas in which the Organization needs volunteer support
- Milestone 2: Analysis and recommendations
- Professional provides recommendations on what roles the volunteer program should focus on, a realistic timeline for recruitment, and identifies ways for organization to incentivize volunteers
- Milestone 3: Draft recruitment plan
- Professional drafts recruitment plan
- Volunteer Manager provides feedback, which Professional incorporates into final draft
Prerequisites for Professional
- Background in volunteer management, recruitment, HR, nonprofit management.
Prerequisites for HavServe
- Idea of which areas volunteer support is needed